We’re talking here in this series of videos about different types of probiotics. There’s another one called saccharomyces boulardii. Now, saccharomyces boulardii is actually a yeast. So it’s considered to be an anti-yeast yeast. It actually will attack candida. But, interestingly, is that it will also go after clostridia bacteria which we know is a bacterial issue that’s commonly found in kids on the Autism Spectrum who are quite susceptible to the toxins it produces. So, saccharomyces boulardii is something that can be used not only as a treatment probiotic for yeast, but it can also be a treatment probiotic for clostridia bacteria. Now, one thing about saccharomyces boulardii is because it is a yeast, you don’t want to take it at the same time as anti-fungal medications; whether that’s Nystatin, or Diflucan, or even along with natural remedies, things like grapefruit seed extract or oregano oil. It’s a good thing to separate it out usually by a couple hours would be best. So, if your child is actually on one of those remedies, at least in my experience, it’s good maybe just to take this particular probiotic near bed time.
One other type of probiotic that is quite well known within the Autism community, is something called Threelac. Now Threelac is a combination of three different types of bacteria and this is actually considered, in my opinion, a treatment specific probiotic for yeast. So you could think of Threelac as something that you would use if your child has an underlying yeast problem in the digestive tract. Along with saccharomyces boulardii that can be a powerful combination. Now these things aren’t usually taken long term, for ever and a day, these are things that are usually taken where you might take a break. Saccharomyces boulardii, in my experience, I’ll use anywhere between three to six weeks and then maybe take a couple weeks off if need be. It’s not something that colonizes the digestive tract. Basically what that means is that it goes away once you stop taking it. Threelac is something that would be used for a month to maybe three months. If you’re using it for 90 days straight, you definitely want to make sure you take a week break before starting it again. So, those two remedies can be very useful for underlying yeast and even bacterial issues.
- Autism Treatment
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Oregon Autism Consults Available
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Autism Treatments, What Really Works
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Respen-A Therapy and Autism Update
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Thyroid Evaluation and Autism
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Autism, Constipation and Worms
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Biomedical Education and Autism Seminars on Demand
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Take Supplements With Caution
- Autism Treatment – Age Appropriate Behavior or Autism?
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Oxytocin Therapy and Autism
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Additional Blood Testing Markers and Autism