This is part 2 of the 2 part series on Respen-A blended chord and inositol. So inositol has been around for a long time and has been recommended in the past for OCD and anxiety. In some kids it works great, others it doesn’t work at all. And unfortunately it has been seen some kids who have reacted negatively to just the straight use of inositol. It probably likely has to do with the fact that its having an effect on glucose sugar metabolism in the brain and bolstering serotonin release. But up until recently, I mean we are talking the past couple of years, there wasn’t a lot known about how serotonin was metabolized in kids on the Autism spectrum.
We know now through the work of Elaine DeLack and the research through the Respen-A people that the Monoamine Oxidase A tends to be a problem area for many kids on the spectrum and therefore something like Respen-A has been a useful remedy to use, and I have seen that clinically in my practice as well. So just some information if you are looking to do the Respen-A blended chord it is now recommended that inositol be used along with it. And then if you want to find out more information specifically, obviously it comes with the Respen-A when the prescription comes from the dosing instructions. You can also access Respen-A on Facebook and I also have information on autismactionplan.com in the biomedical protocol section of that website. And I am of course available on an ongoing basis through the parent forum of autismactionplan.com to just answer your questions on a daily basis.
- Autism Treatment
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Oregon Autism Consults Available
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Autism Treatments, What Really Works
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Respen-A Therapy and Autism Update
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Thyroid Evaluation and Autism
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Autism, Constipation and Worms
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Biomedical Education and Autism Seminars on Demand
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Take Supplements With Caution
- Autism Treatment – Age Appropriate Behavior or Autism?
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Oxytocin Therapy and Autism
- Biomedical Autism Treatment – Additional Blood Testing Markers and Autism